Saturday 6 December 2008

post number one



Since mr site's blog is so terribly unpredictable I have decided to begin one elsewhere which will hopefully be less offputting and encourage more frequent posts.


In no particular order, here are some things that I have done lately:


Read a biography of the 80's athlete and Record Breakers presenter Kriss Akabusi. Very interesting and many an amusing anecdote. A good example of which would be: Once, his dog mistook a man with a bicycle pump for Kriss, the dog attacked the man who was unharmed but badly shaken.


Made salt dough Christmas decorations of birds. They are very pretty, a consequence of which was that Poppy ate my favourite one - the white one with gold wings - thinking it was a biscuit. Silly dog.


Had a map I drew put on the Hand Drawn Map Association's website which is here. I was very excited especially when they sent me a badge all the way from America.


Painted the pantomime shop for the Courtyard theatre - it's for Jack and the Beanstalk. My friend Becci and I cut out some paper leaves the day before whilst watching An Officer and a Gentleman starring Richard Gere. A truly terrible film, I urge you not to watch it. The picture is of my favourite photographic technique utilising the power of perspective - specifically here to make it look like the giant is pinching my head- but that can be also used to make your car or other things look very small when you are far away from them. Simple but brilliant. Maybe I'll include a photo of that too..

I'm sure there are other things worth mentioning but now I'm going to join Chris in reading a book (I am reading Supernature and he is reading Supernature 2), very cool.

No comments: